Saturday, May 5, 2012

I haven't gotten enough exercise


I see them sitting on the couch. 
They're soft and unfocused.
I stare.
Eyeing every movement, every breath.  Inside of me, every cell is 

A L I V E
P E R C H E D
A T   T H E   E D G E
P R E P A R E D
F O C U S E D

I smell every subtle scent, feel every shift in cells surrounding me, taste the target.

If I were a football lineman the quarterback would taste grass, hands still holding the ball.  Basketball: my shots would sift through the net.  Painter: the line would flow, no pause.  Piano: the keys are my fingers.

But I am none of these. 

I am one with everything.

And I am ready. 

POUNCE!!

I feel the screams of terror before they reach my ears.

"MOM!!  You scared the crap out of me!!  What the HECK?!!  Go AWAY!  You need to run or something!

I stalk away. 
I've won.  
Again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment